A Dream of Blueberries & Cream Crumb Bars
The fresh, plump blueberries add a juicy pop of sweetness to these delicious crumb bars.
- 6 Entenmann’s Plain Donuts
- 1/4 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 oz. Natural Almonds, ground
- 4 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sugar (more or less depending on tartness of blueberries)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallow Crème
- 1/2 Tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crumble the donuts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest, egg, almonds and butter. Add to the donut mixture. Press half of the mixture into a square 8x8 inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a medium sauce pan stir, over medium heat, the washed blueberries and sugar. Lightly mash all berries with a fork until syrupy. In a small cup, mix the lemon juice and starch. Add lemon-starch mixture and stir over heat until it becomes very thick. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the blueberries over the crust. Heat the marshmallow crème in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir in the water and whisk with a fork. Drizzle the marshmallow crème and water mixture over the blueberries. Top the bars with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crumb starts to brown. Let cool completely then refrigerate. Makes 8 bars.
Do you have questions or comments about this recipe? Please contact us here.